Saturday, August 1, 2015

Products I Love for an At-Home Pedicure

When I started working as a CNA (and consequently walking 15,000 steps a day) I promised myself that every two weeks I would go get a pedicure to relax and get some relief for my feet. Well, pay days came and went and I found I had more important things to spend my money on, so I decided it was time to buy some products that would allow me to have the pleasure of a pedicure in the comfort of my own home--without breaking the bank every two weeks. 

Seeing as how I'm a pedicure connoisseur, I knew what products needed to be purchased to give me the real experience. And with my amazing little sister (who I bribed by offering to do her toes first) I was set! Here are the products I got--and LOVED. 

We also used a fancy little Epsom salt packet from Target--it was called aches and pains and both of the scents we chose smelled amazing! I'm not sure if it actually relieved any pain, but it sure did make the pedicure more fun for both of us. 

After soaking our feet for a bit we used the Essie so sole good foot scrub--all the way up to our knees. This was my favorite part. I'm not joking. To have a scrub massaged into your feet and legs just makes everything right in the world. We followed the foot scrubs with Essie swept off my feet nourishing treatment oil and a pumice stone to remove dead skin--can I just say that my sister did a better job than any spa I've ever gone to? I actually walked away with softer heels after this. We used the apricot cuticle oil to help soften the edges of our nails and push back our cuticles. Did you know it's easier to just buff them away with a nail buffer? We tried and it hurt less and made the polish go on way smoother. We followed with a leg and foot massage with Bath & Body Works true blue Shea butter super rich foot cream which really is super rich. It was so thick! I think we each used half of the (mini) bottle on each other. I will definitely be going back to buy the full size. After the pampering part was over she painted my toe nails, then cleaned up around them and sprayed them with this magic nail polish drying spray! It smells like baby powder, which I don't mind but my sister was not too fond of it. But considering it means you don't have to wait for your nails to dry I think it's worth 5 seconds of smelling baby powder! 

And that's it! Let me know what products you love to use for your at-home manicures and pedicures--I'd love to add to my collection! 

XOXO, 
Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment